Early Years – the organisation for young children is the largest organisation in Northern Ireland working to promote high quality early years care and education for children aged 0-12 and their families. It was established in 1965, and is a membership-based organisation, a registered charity, a company limited by guarantee and is governed by a Board of Directors.
The mission of the Organisation is to promote and develop high quality, evidence-informed early childhood services for young children, their families and communities.
The vision of the Organisation is that young children are: strong, competent and visible in their communities; eager and able to learn; physically and emotionally healthy; respectful of difference.
To deliver this vision, a range of key services and programmes is provided. Services also cover the Republic of Ireland through cross-border initiatives, and wider Europe through a number of international projects.
We believe in:
- Childhood – in its own right
- Listening to children – and those who care for them
- A strong voice for children
- Play, fun and creativity
- Parents as first educators
- Participation of children and families
- Community involvement and development
- Inclusion and diversity
- Excellence and evidence-based innovation
- Effective stewardship and governance
- A professional, committed and recognised workforce
- Valuing staff, members and their commitment
Investors in People Gold
EFQM Gold Award
Quality Management Standard ISO 9001:2008 Award
If you want to contact with us, you can use the following information:
- Telephone: +44 (0)28 9066 2825
- Fax: +44 (0)28 9038 1270
- Address: Early Years Headquarters, 6c Wildflower Way Apollo Road Boucher Road, Belfast, BT12 6TA
- Link: www.early-years.org